Okay, so I’m giving a rundown of everything in my model bag. These are the items I make sure to have when booked for a runway show or photo shoot.
- Heels – Neutral colored, strappy heels are ideal, but a nice pump is also useful. Don’t forget to bring any other colors requested by the designer.
- Robe & Flip Flops – Between all the fittings, hair and makeup going on backstage, it’s nice to have a robe & flip flops to throw on when you don’t want to go through the hassle of putting those jeans & boots back on.
- Face Cover – It’s important to have something to cover your face when changing into designer garments. This will help to prevent makeup from getting on the clothes.
- Scentless lotion – Won’t catch me ashy on the runway! But you don’t want any scents to get into the garments, so leave your Bath & Body Works at home.
- Clear Deodorant – So you don’t get white marks on the clothes!
- Wipes – To spruce up when things get hot & sweaty. There’s a lot of hustling backstage.
- Requested clothing items – Anything the designers have asked me to bring.
- Emergency items – Fashion tape, makeup kit, hair kit, masking tape – just in case! (see Runway Monday post from March 18, 2019)
- Business/zed cards – For when networking opportunities arise!
Comment below and let me know what’s in your model bag. I’d love to hear if you’ve added something based on my list, or even some things you keep in yours that I didn’t mention!
See You on the Runway! 💋