Shoes … they’re a great addition to every outfit! However, when hitting the catwalk, it’s important to have the right shoes (unless provided by the designer). Here are my tips for choosing the right shoes for the runway.
- 3 to 5-Inch Heels are Best – Unless you’re a young girl, the kitten heel isn’t sexy. However, 6-inch stilettos are not ideal. The higher the heel, the more it affects your walk. In general, 3 to 5-inches is a good range that gives the right look without hindering your strut.
- Ankle Support Scores – A simple strap around the ankle can keep your heels from slipping out of the shoe. Simple ankle support is key, 1 buckle, or 1 zipper up the back to minimize time needed to put on or remove shoes.
- Simple & Strappy Stilettos – Simple strappy stilettos are always winners! They can be worn with party dresses, gowns, slacks, swimwear … they’re universal! But not too strappy that they distract from the garment. Also, stay away from wedges.
- Neutral Colors – Have a solid stiletto heel in black, nude, silver, and gold, and you’re set! Some designers may request a colorful shoe, however you can’t go wrong with these basics.
- Platforms – Platforms are definitely not necessary, but they provide extra support on the ball of the foot that comes in handy if you’ll be standing/walking same shoes for a long period of time.
What to Stay Away From …
- Too high heels
- Multiple buckles/ties
- Slippery/hard to walk in
- Gaudy/distracting designs
- Extreme platforms
What are your favorite shoes to strut in? Let me know in the comments below!
See you on the runway! 💋